|Monday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||7:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Brant Reyerson, P.T., LAT, ATC, CSCS
- Physical Therapy
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Recovery and Reconditioning
- Dry Needling
- Manual Therapy
- Pain Management
- Spine Program
- TMJ/TMD Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Athletic Training Services
- Sports Medicine
- ACL Program
- Concussion Management
- Athletic Movement Index (AMI)
- Return-to-Work Program
- Work Conditioning
- Ergonomic Programs
- Post-Offer Employment Testing
- Injury Prevention
- Onsite Rehabilitation
- Work Hardening
- Fire Department / First Responder Services
- Utilization Management System
Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Lower Extremity Orthotics
Select Physical Therapy provides athletic training services to many local schools, sports partners and community events. We are committed to keeping athletes healthy and on the playing field. Please look for us at these events.
Select Physical Therapy is the official sports medicine and physical therapy partner for USA Triathlon.
Recovery and Reconditioning
Select Physical Therapy is now offering Recovery and Reconditioning for those recovering from the COVID-19 virus.
Many individuals are also compromised by a variety of acute and chronic conditions, such as emphysema, after effects of the flu and cardiovascular disease. As you or your loved ones recover from COVID-19 or other debilitating illnesses and conditions, you may be left with varying levels of deconditioning and weakness.
We understand this is a scary and challenging time. Our compassionate team of clinical experts can help you continue to heal through our Recovery and Reconditioning Program.
Inaugural Strive for Excellence Winner
Select Physical Therapy - Iowa City would like to congratulate Helen Adams. Helen is the winner of February's Strive for Excellence contest in Iowa City. She was able to achieve our top score as measured by Strive home exercise program by demonstrating the highest commitment to her health and personal goals. We are proud of Helen's dedication and hard work.
Hands-on therapy or manual therapy techniques, like cupping, dry needling and instrument-assisted soft tissue mobility, are used to help decrease pain and increase mobility for patients. Discover a few of the most effective manual therapy treatments, brought to you by Select Physical Therapy.
Check out this video on our specialty services page to learn more.
Running Injury Prevention Clinic
Iowa City clinicians had a great morning partnering with Heartland Sole and Top Shape Gym to work with area runners on injury prevention and performance improvement. Participants learned new ways to involve warm-up, strength training and running form to meet their goals for the upcoming outdoor season.
If you missed it, and would like to hear more about how to be injury-free this summer, reach out to our Iowa City team at 319-248-6800 or [email protected]selectmedical.com.
National Physical Therapy Month
Every October we celebrate National Physical Therapy Month. Thank you to all of our physical therapists and physical therapy assistants for everything they do. Our therapists are passionate about helping others return to activities they enjoy. Our therapists treat a variety of conditions and are offer a safe way to improve function and reduce pain. Please stop in and see us and help us celebrate our therapist.
Iowa City Run for the Schools
Select Physical Therapy was proud to sponsor Iowa City Schools Run for the School recently. We applaud all the runners who braved the cold and wet weather to help make our schools some of the best in the state. Select Physical Therapy has supported this wonderful event for the past six years.
Iowa City Sponsoring Hawkeye Turkey Trot
Select Physical Therapy of Iowa City is proud to sponsor the Hawkeye Turkey Trot with Heartland Soles. Join us for this inaugural event at City Park on November 25. In addition to a Tot Trot and a 5K run, there will be a food drive benefiting the Iowa Food Bank. Please bring some canned goods for this great organization. If you are unable to join us but would like to contribute a food donation, please drop off your donation at our Iowa City center.
Please visit the Hawkeye Turkey Trot website at https://runsignup.com/Race/IA/IowaCity/HawkeyeTurkeyTrot or visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HawkeyeTurkeyTrot.com.
Snow Shoveling Tips
Snow Shoveling Tips:
1. Take the time to warm-up and stretch before shoveling and take frequent breaks.
2. Keep your back straight or at a slight inward curve to decrease the pressure on your back.
3. Be sure to face the snow you plan to shovel and lift.
4. Bend your knees, tighten your stomach and use your leg muscles when lifting snow.
5. Keep the shovel as close to your body as possible when lifting and moving snow.
6. Avoid twisting your back by turning your whole body and pivoting with your legs. Avoid ‘tossing it’ to a new location.
7. Move smaller amounts of snow and tackle your snow-shoveling project by dividing the job into thirds, with one-hour rest breaks.
8. Wear shoes or boots with good treads. Spreading sand, salt or kitty litter to reduce the likelihood of slipping on.